Job Opening: Head Brewmaster
Peel Brewing Co in O’Fallon, Illinois is looking for a new coworker to fill a Head Brewer position at our 7 BBL brewpub. Position reports directly to the ownership and has a high level of responsibility for day to day brewhouse operations. This is also a hands-on brewing position that can entail strenuous physical work, including lifting at least 60 pounds and moving at least 165 pounds, moving hoses, stooping, and climbing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain necessary records and logs in an organized and accessible fashion.
• Oversee Yeast Management.
• Active production and cellar work including: Grain handling, wort production, cellaring and filtration/clarification, keg racking.
• Purchasing, inventory and evaluation of supplies and raw materials for production.
• Maintain and evolve SOPs and safety guidelines for all aspects of brewhouse operations.
• Manage brewing operations to adhere to established practices, as well as identifying areas where changes to our practices would be beneficial for quality, efficiency and cost.
• Participate in the evaluation, from grain to glass, of our beers from raw material to finished product.
• Oversee QA/QC and operations.
• Communicate with the ownership regularly regarding production and operations status.
• Minor maintenance of equipment for smooth brewhouse operation.
• Occasional assistance in other departments as needed
• Off-site promotion of Peel Brewing at festivals, samplings, tastings etc.
• Additional duties as required
• Minimum of 3 years professional brewing experience with at least 2 years in a 2,000 bbl & packaging brewery and some experience as a lead brewer.
• Formal education in brewing or food science.
• Strong knowledge of raw materials and their flavor and analytical specifications.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products and good general computer skills. Experience in a Mac environment is helpful
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Strong problem solving skills, with a willingness and desire to find creative solutions.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Ability to manage a variety of duties efficiently.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people, including the public, in a respectful and collegial manner.
• Packaging experience is helpful.
• Experience with inventory management is helpful.
Benefits include health insurance and paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience. Send resume confidentially to email@example.com or apply below!